Monday, September 16, 2013

Lost in the Darkness: Life Inside the World's Most Haunted Prisons, Hospitals, and Asylums Review


Lost in the Darkness: Life Inside the World's Most Haunted Prisons, Hospitals, and Asylums

Benjamin S. Jeffries
Review
Lost in the Darkness is a nice easy read with many twists and turns while keeping you on the edge of your seat. The authors details in describing the interiors of the build made me feel like I was right there exploring next to him. I felt like I could see the cold breathe coming out of my mouth while I was reading, like I was in the tunnels with him. From start to finish there are a lot of great and creepy events that take place.
This book is such a great & fun read, I couldn't put it down! The author transports you to the creepy surroundings easily with his eerily descriptive words. The story is captivating and at times chilling. It was very interesting how the building was described and the story was excellent. It's worth the read; in a way I wish it was a little longer.

This story captured my attention from the beginning, and its quick pace and interesting premise kept me turning the pages until the end. The main character's hobby of urban exploration is unique. The descriptions of the abandoned insane asylum made me feel I was inside , and I got chills more than once when the journals described what happened to the patients there. It's a good ghost story, too. 
I read this book in one sitting. I just could not put it down. It kept my interest and was very detailed. I have been in abandoned buildings before and has an easy time picturing her details and following along. I also have another book that was well-done by this author. I can't wait for another. Great job!!!

Just read this book and loved it! Completely descriptive, felt like I was walking through the hospital with them!!! Can't wait for another of his books!!!