Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Healing Tarot: 78 Ways to Wellness Review


The Healing Tarot: 78 Ways to Wellness



My Review

How do we heal? Here find a spiritual study of what each Tarot card says about health from an Astrological, Qabalistic, Archetypal, and Traditional perspective. 78 whimsical black and white card illustrations focus upon the lessons Tarot offers about health, diet, fitness, and wellness. A companion guide details upright and reversed meanings. For any experience level.

Now as for the content, I would say that it is aimed towards any and all audiences of those interested in the tarot, whether or not they've ever picked up a book on the topic. It's full of resourceful information that is useful to an advanced user, but written in a way that is understandable to a beginner. I consider myself intermediate and had no problems understanding the terminology, the connections between the cards and the author's understanding, and the methods for applying her techniques to readings and tailored spreads.
If I had to pick something that I felt the author was trying to communicate to her readers: it’s probably about self-exploration and mental cleansing. There seems to be an overall therapeutic message to the reader.

I really enjoy this book. It shows a different way of viewing the cards. Sometimes it is difficult to look at a card and to associate healing properties to it. This book makes it easy. Juno Lucina explains the meanings of the different suits as a group and also individually. I have many Tarot books but this one is different as it pertains to healing.

If you're looking for a very safe (and very non-stereotypical) way to get into tarot cards, and you like to help people, I would recommend this book, definitely!

I was given this book on Schiffer Publishing.