Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Grace, Miracles, and Chocolate: Conceived by Gang Rape, Husband Murdered, Son Committed Suicide: Can God Really Work All Things Out for Good? Review



Grace, Miracles, and Chocolate: Conceived by Gang Rape, Husband Murdered, Son Committed Suicide: Can God Really Work All Things Out for Good?


Review

Coles' writing style is very reader-friendly, and he can make even the most difficult concepts easy to understand. It is a focus on the grace of God in the Gospel that will keep us in the way that leads to life, will keep our life in Biblical balance, and is the basis of all true Biblical spirituality. 

Highly recommended. So very inspiriting. I never understood God's grace and what it meant until I read this book. I have spent years trying to earn what God had already given to me freely- eternal salvation. I no longer see God as a task master ready to step on me for the smallest infraction. I now see him as the God who loved me even when I was at enmity with him. That’s grace! I see God as a holy, gracious, generous, loving, and good God.