Sunday, August 18, 2013

Caught in a Web: Changed by Destiny Review


Caught in a Web: Changed by Destiny



My Review

CAUGHT IN A WEB: Changed by Destiny is a great story to read! A true story of how I suffered such horror. It will make you cry because of what I had to endure as a child and how I escaped from the web that I once was trapped in.

Filled with wisdom and compassion, Caught in a Web is Ethel Oden’s gift to victims of childhood sexual abuse and anyone struggling with hurts inflicted by others. She offers inspiration to others who were themselves abused but found healing, through whose wounds we too can be healed.

Sexual abuse knows no religious or social boundaries. Caught in a Web is an intensely personal and specific look at this form of abuse. Ethel Oden explores the secret lament of the soul damaged by sexual abuse and lays hold of the hope buried there by the One whose unstained image we all bear.

This book is an invaluable tool in understanding and responding to the needs of individuals who have been the victims of trauma in their lives that has had the effect of impairing their ability to have healthy relationships.

The book is powerful!!! This is a book I would keep on my bookshelf to refer to others who have suffered abuse. I highly recommend this book.