Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cat's Eye Marble Review


Cat's Eye Marble



My Review

Cat’s Eye Marble is a heartbreaking journey showing the power of a child’s mind to survive the unspeakable as well as what happens when the walls of defense come crumbling to the ground.

I found myself very angry during part of the book. I wanted the "mother" (I use the term lightly as she most certainly does not qualify to parent anyone in my opinion) to hurt for all the mental and physical pain she was putting her child thru. I was extremely sad because I wanted so desperately to hug the little girl and tell her that I would've took her into my family and treat her the way that every child should be, with love and hugs and just to be there for her.

It was a great book; I read it in one day because I could not put it down. I wanted to see how she got away from a person that called themselves a mother. I cried for the pain that she went through and for other kids that have experienced the same thing. She is a brave person and remarkable.

Well written book about a terrible topic. A very confronting story that is extremely hard to put down. Definitely worth a read.